Sunday, December 16, 2007

Happy Sunday

A calm December Sunday morning sans Vikings game. I enjoy some coffee and maybe some toast and play with Penny for a few moments. The day is open to spend however I please. On a day like this one could almost forget their hard earned money is being frittered away to relieve lending institutions that engaged in fraudulent practices. It hardly crosses my mind that the government is fleecing regular people to protect the interests of the elite private financial system. No, on a day like today one can just sit, relax, and forget that the value of their home has dropped tens of thousands of dollars because unsavory lenders knew they had a safety net of taxpayer dollars when their illegal, predatory behavior finally threatened the economic system as a whole. I'll just put my feet up, sit back, and take a deep breath to savor the same air enjoyed by all the well-intentioned public servants doling out my retirement to the well dressed gentlemen who might need it to over tip the friendly flight attendant on their private jet.

Maybe I'm wrong, and it is a day to think about these things. Maybe it's a good day to grab some face paint, put on a head dress and peacefully chip in to take our country back.

No comments: