Monday, October 19, 2009

Downfall

I have sold out.

Many thousands of you may have been wondering why my posts here have been sparse of late. Well, it just so happens one of my ramblings was edited and converted to book form. Specifically, this one. Actually, a significant portion of my mind and body has been snatched by a small independent publishing company called "Penelope Press." As a result, my actual writing activities have been transplanted by a brief period of promoting, manipulating, and using any other means necessary (within the limits of the law) to feed this ravenous beast its diet of sales. It now needs to feed.

Another tiny cog in the great machine has been affixed to the dank recesses of the lower engine room. I already feel the fringes of my soul entering its perilous jaws. But, I still want you to buy my book. Why? Because the precious has begun its advance, and there is no stopping it. See? It even put a promotion on the right side of this page. God help me.

2 comments:

Barmy said...

Beautiful. Congrats!

Mark said...

Thank you, thank you, and thank you :)

(my first online sale!)